- 1 cup proso millet cheena millet or little millet
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 green chili slit in half and seeds removed
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables I have used carrots, french beans, red and green bell pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- red pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- To garnish fresh coriander leaves
- Wash the millets in a fine sieve under running water. Soak for 10 mins while you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a deep pot. When the oil is hot, add garlic, green chili and ginger. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onions, other vegetables and all the spices. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the millets and add to the pot. Add 2 cups of water (you can also use vegetable stock for added flavor) and cook on medium high till there is a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook covered, with a little opening, till all the water is absorbed and the millet is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with lightly spiced homemade yogurt.
That’s it, Enjoy It